So here’s the deal. Jason has seven more weeks in Georgia. I have seven more weeks of taking care of his (our) children. Seven weeks is a long time. And so, we have decided that in the month of November, I am flying out to Georgia for a kidless visit. That’s right, all his attention focussed on me. Here are a few reasons why I must go:
1. I really need something to look forward to.
2. I really need a break from Jason’s (our) children.
3. I finally weaned her.
4. Because I kind of get whatever I want.
Funds are a little tight, so I’ve been sloughing around the bottom of my barrel in search of some quick cash. Since I see myself as a successful entrepreneur in a stay-at-home dormant state, I always have one or two business ideas floating around under the bleach. Here’s what I’ve come up with. Hold onto your hats (but feel free to take off your shirts).
I have designed a pile of Stupid Twilight T-Shirts. Stupid, but really more like witty and funny and cute and charming and everything-a-girl-could-want-in-a-t-shirt stupid. My friend’s hubby owns a t-shirt company and has agreed to take us on and help with the cause. All proceeds from the Stupid Twilight T-Shirt project will go toward getting me to Georgia so I can have a thrilling vacation with my man. Four nights, people, FOUR NIGHTS. If we get enough practice in, maybe we can get one more cute kid by the end of next year.
There are three ways you can help me.
1. Buy multiple t-shirts for yourself, friends, family, babysitters–then wear them to the premiere. Also telling every high schooler you know about them will help. Tell EVERY SINGLE ONE.
2. Put a BIG FAT LINK on your sidebar for Project Twilight and write a heartbreaking post about how much I love my husband and how sorry you feel for me (even though my life really does rock and you shouldn’t feel that sorry). Then ask all your friends, family members and babysitters to buy the stupid t-shirts.
3. PRAY THAT THE T-SHIRTS SELL. And fast. Fasting is good.
Have I told you how much I love him? Have I told you that I would walk across the country with a handcart even if it meant I could only go on one piddly little date to Wendy’s followed by a lame-o two-star movie with him? Would you like me to break into “Hopelessly Devoted” right now (since it’s the only song I sing in the shower these days)?
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE support Project Twilight.
Buttons are coming soon, and I know you’ll all want a Stupid Twilight T-Shirt Button for your blog. Just to dress it up right.